2D Grids keep your work in proportion. This squared grid is ideal for building two-dimensional shapes. And, with Drawing Assist on, 2D Grids help keep your strokes aligned.
Set up and adjust your 2D Grid.
To set up a 2D Grid go to Modify > Actions > Guides and tap 2D Grid. To edit your grid tap Guide Settings. This will take you to the Drawing Guides screen.
Your 2D Grid appears as thin lines that overlay your artwork. You can adjust the look and behavior of your guide with the following options:
Drag the nodes to adjust the exact positions of your grid lines.
The blue Positional node moves the whole grid over the canvas.
The green Rotational node rotates the grid lines.
To reset the grid to the default position, tap one of the nodes, then tap Reset.
- Color: Adjust the color of the guide lines using the hue bar at the top of the Drawing Guides screen.
- Opacity: Adjust the transparency of the guide lines from invisible to opaque.
- Thickness: Adjust the thickness of the guide lines from invisible to noticeable.
- Grid Size: Adjust the scale of the grid.
- Units: Adjust the unit type you want your grid measurements to be.
Cancel or Commit
To return to the canvas without making a change, tap Cancel. To commit your changes, tap Done.